Sunday 26 August 2012

Facing Your Giants- "What's The Difference?"

Facing Your Giants: "What's The Difference?"


Growing up I didn't have that many friends. During elementary school my father passed away when I was in grade 2. Once the word got out, I was the "different" kid on the playground. No one wanted to be my friend or play with me or have to be stuck sitting beside me in the classroom. All because of one fatal flaw that set me apart from the rest. What made it such a bad thing for me not having a dad?
Why did people see me so differently? Who else could possibly be going through the same thing?
One man I later found out did, a boy named Jesus.

Now you see Jesus had many followers after some period of time but it wasn't all that easy for the man. At first he wasn't taken seriously for his preaching, he was ignored, neglected and casted away. He helped the poor, invited tax collectors into his home, and helped the sick and disabled all these things went against the standards of society during his time. It only seemed to make him more of an outcast.
Meaning in today's society it would be weird to see someone start crawling around on all fours rather than just walk on 2 feet, it’s weird and just seems out of place right? Well that is what I seemed like to my class mates and what Jesus seemed like when he walked around doing these things in his time.


Morpheous
Soon enough people started to listen to Jesus, witnessing the kind and tender love he had for everyone, the miracles he performed on the sick and dying. Everyone saw how great and good he was. They witnessed how all the things he did were amazing and wonderful actions sent down by God to give us all hope and faith into a better day to come. Soon it was just as normal to help the sick and poor, although Jesus was once mocked for it.

I too felt the sudden change as this happened my own life and people started to accept me and I was able to reach all my goals and find that I had amazing talents that people actually respected me more for. And well eventually society changed and I wasn't the only kid in school without a missing parent, or a divorce, it was no longer a big difference and seems to only be growing in schools.

I got kittens Gimpy and Katniss (yes just like the hunger games) and there were actually 7 to choose from, five normal ones and t two special ones. Katniss had been missing part of her tail, and her brother Gimpy (now named Morpheus) was missing half of one ear and some of its right paw. As soon as I saw them I knew I would pick them no matter how normal and healthy the others seemed to be because I knew that no one else would want to keep them because they were "Different" and after experiencing that  judgement in my life I knew that those would be the kittens i got.
Katniss

Now I have 2 new happy, healthy fur balls who love to cuddle and play with my blankets. Katniss looks like a little puppy the way her tails wiggles when she gets all excited. And Morpheus well he is one little (not so little anymore) cuddle bug and very fluffy.
Someone else may have taken one look at these two kittens and found that they weren't "Normal" enough to be taken to their home. Well maybe next time you should think twice about calling that person a "thief" just because they're black or calling that one girl a slut just because she is young and pregnant .
Who knows, maybe people don't like something in you, because you’re different.

I guess all I’m going to finish off with is this, try finding the differences in one another as a positive thing instead of such a negative thing because I don't know about you but I wouldn't want 7 billion identical "ME’s" running around this world, and it wouldn't get very far in the development of the future.


Learn to accept each other’s differences because odds are even if it may seem like your being pushed out because your "different" out of the 7 billion people on this planet someone else has the Same Difference As You!

Written by: Angelica Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment